AHEL" Support the concept of community policing in Ramallah and Toubas Governorates"
“Support the concept of community policing in Ramallah and Toubas Governorates” project is implemented in partnership with the Palestinian Civil Police and funded by UNDP through SAWASYA programme. This project is a continuation for the previous efforts made by ACT and partner organization towards the implementation of Community Police Strategy which is built on engaging local community in maintaining peace and rule of law in areas where Palestinian security control is poor or lacking. This will be achieved through forming local advisory committees that consist of all local community compounds, their role is to define local security challenges, raise awareness of citizens on these challenges, and promote legal means to address them.
- Enhancing community participation in maintaining public order.
- Enhance relationship and partnership between civil police and local community
- Engaging local community in the definition of local security challenges in target areas.
- Formulation of 7 local advisory committees in target areas.
- The United Nations Development Programme
- Palestinian Civil Police Force
This project targets 105 male and female participants from Ramallah and Toubas governorates from all community compound in areas following police centers in:
Ramallah and Albireh governorate: Birzeit, Altaybeh/ East Ramallah, Deir Ghassaneh/ Beit Rima, Betonia police centers.
Toubas governorate: the City police center, Tammoun, Wadi Alfar’aa police centers.