Qadaya: Strengthening the academic production of Palestinian researchers.
Based on our belief in the importance of promoting scientific research among Palestinian researchers and raising awareness for the youth on the political and social issues in Jerusalem, Qadaya project was launched aiming to strengthen Palestinian researchers’ participation in academic research and production
This project aims at strengthening the values of citizenship, tolerance, and volunteering, highlighting Palestinian identity, strengthening the national community immunity, and enhancing the role of Alternative Conflict Resolution such as arbitration and mediation. It also provides an opportunity for male and female researchers, without discrimination, to engage in researches without restrictions on the freedom of debate, research analysis and publication on many important social and political issues in the Palestinian community in East Jerusalem. Finally, the project aims to enhance political and social awareness of Palestinians, especially the youth, regarding the issues raised in the Palestinian arena, and raising their awareness on future issues.
1. Create a space for freedom of expression, debate, and academic production of Palestinian researchers without any restrictions on freedom of speech and freedom of opinion and expression.
2. Producing fact sheets and policy papers about political and social issues.
3. Strengthening male and female Palestinian researchers’ participation in academic research and production. Expand their network and with other Palestinian experts and researchers.
4. Networking researchers with the local and international community working on Palestinian issues.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation
Jerusalem and its suburbs